A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 January 13th, 2009 [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:47 pm

"Good, that wound on his head looks pretty bad to me. "

Jimmy follows the group to see how Henry is doing and to see what the next move is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Kelly walks into the room and looks at Henry, "Hey Henry, how are you holding up there? This is Grace. She was a nurse in the emergency room. She's going to patch you up." Looking towards the others, "Hopefully you were about to locate some first aid stuff."

Kelly looks at George, "George, Karl is here to help you...um, dispose of the...bod- er, z-zombies. He knows this hotel better than any of us!"

Kelly looks around and walks over against the wall and sits down for a moment. Just trying to compose herself and thinking about what to do next. It seems her adrenaline has been keeping her going and fortunately, that's not pumping quite like it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 pm

I feel okay for someone that just got their brain kicked in.

Henry seeing Grace, decides to sit up, and move to the edge of the bed to allow her to look him over.

He then looks a little green from the motion, and lays back down.

Room spinning... Yeah!

Nice to meet you Grace... Anything that you can do for me would be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:13 pm

George listened as the police officer sets everyone to task.

"Karl, could you come with me?"
George motioned to the hall.

Taking Karl to the end of the hall, George showed him the two translucent plastic shower curtains lying on the hallway carpet, each partly concealing it's gruesome cargo.

"Officer Taylor was talking about dumping these... things... down the trash chute. I wanted to make sure that it didn't just lead to the basement. If it does then I'd prefer we just haul them to the roof and toss the over. We don't want to keep them in here with us if we can help it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 pm

Handing the first aid kit to Grace, Simon says, "I found this in one of the rooms, hopefully it will have something that you can use."

Turning to the rest of the group, he continues, "Did anyone see a maid supply closet or station? Some of the cleaners might be flammable and might make makeshift bombs. "

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Sitting down as everyone goes about their business, Kelly looks towards her radio. Maybe, she can get somebody...anybody to find out what is going on. She switches it back on. A tries all frequencies saying, "This is officer Kelly Taylor, is anybody out there?" She waits for some sort of response. Please....PLEASE don't let us be the only ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:04 pm

"Oh my," Grace says with a grandmotherly tone when she sees Henry. "That doesn't look good." With the deftness acquired only by those who have spent years doing something over and over again, Grace begins tending to Henry's injury, taking gauze, wraps, tools, and some iodine from the first aid kit that Simon found. As she works, the tension of the last several days seems to drain from her shoulders. The familiar work is serving as a nearly pleasant distraction. She bandages Henry up, placing the last bit of tape, and presses a cold pack against the side of his head. "You keep that on your face for about a half an hour. We'll need to find some hand towels, and make a few trips to the ice machines for the rest of the night to keep the swelling down, but you should be fine, Henry."

---

"Like I told the officer, George," Karl replies, "the garbage chute drops into a dumpster, on street level. It's outside the hotel, but there's no incinerator. I can unlock the garbage chute, or the door to the roof access. Either way, it'll get these... out of the building." Karl swallows hard as he tries desperately to avoid looking at the grisly remains at his feet. "As for your friend's suggestion of cleaning fluids, I don't know how flammable they are, but I do know that we've got a whole heckuva lot of aerosol disinfectant spray downstairs in the storage room. With a lighter... well, lets just say you'd be best to point that combo away from the drapes."

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:12 pm

"To the street, huh?" George thought for a moment. "Could you unlock both? The chute and the roof access, I mean."

George could see Karl going green and gently guided him away from the bodies.

"If you unlock the chute first, Jimmy and I will get rid of these."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:13 pm

I guess I'm not dying afterall.

Thank you Grace. I feel so much better all ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:41 pm

"I can unlock whatever you want, son," Karl says matter-of-factly. "I don't exactly like those things in here, either."

---

Grace smiles at Henry. "Think nothing of it. But I do believe that Officer Taylor mentioned something about there being a boy up here who needed help as well?"

---

After Kelly scans through several civilian and law enforcement channels, you finally hear a panicked voice cut through the crackling static. "This is Lieutenant Charles Ramsay, HCP. What's your twenty Officer Taylor!?"

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:23 pm

HCP...Harrisburg City Police...gun, ammo...thank God there is someone out there...but he sounds a little panicked. "Lieutenant, we are at the Hilton, next to Strawberry Square. What's your twenty Lieutenant Ramsay?"

Kelly looks up at Grace. "There is another boy. I want to go with you. I just need to double check that he is...ok." As Kelly waits for a response on her radio she looks at Simon. "Simon, could you come along and help me check on the boy. I don't want to put anyone into a...dangerous situation. I think Henry will be fine here." Looking at Jimmy, Kelly says, "Have you or George heard anything strange coming from that room? Maybe you can come along as well. I am sure he is fine, but George and Karl probably need some help as well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:35 pm

"I haven't heard anything, the boy didn't seem to have any wounds on him, just a bump on the head. I'll tag along."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Simon nods silently and follows the officer out of the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Lieutenant Ramsay's voice audibly lifts at Kelly's response. "I'm in the Capital Rotunda, Officer Taylor. I, and 3 other HCP officers are currently protecting a number of state senators, representatives, and tourists here in the Capital building. I don't know how much longer we can hold them off however. We're badly outnumbered, nearly out of ammunition, and in a poorly fortified location. We could sure use some backup, Officer Taylor, and you're only a few blocks away, so I gotta tell you, your voice is an awfully positive sound right now. What's your ETA?" In the background, gunfire and screaming can clearly be heard as Officer Ramsay waits anxiously for Kelly's reply.

---

Led to the boy's bedside, Grace begins by inspecting the teen's injuries. "Hmmmn. He'll need stitches. Likely, he'll sleep for several more hours, and he's lost a lot of blood, already. I have a sewing kit in my purse that I can use to stitch up his head, but I can't guarantee that he'll make it. He might die...and...well, you know..."

She is clearly torn as to what to do. "With his substantial blood loss, he could die at any moment...and...I don't want him waking up..."

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 pm

George came to the other room to grab Jimmy for some help with the bodies when he caught the last of Grace's words.

Speaking up from the doorway, "Tie him up," he said bluntly.

"Or just kill him now..."
George blinked his eyes at the cruel alien thought in his mind.

"Do the stitches. Tie him down and we'll set a watch." He explained to them. "Besides, it's about time we start moving people up here and blocking off the stairwells. The lobby isn't safe anymore."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Kelly looks up at George's statement, her face pailing. He's right, it's either that we just kill him now. Kelly's stomach lurches at that thought. I guess we need to give him a chance, but if he turns that is bad. We can't have him endangering others.

Kelly looks at George, "You're right. Do we even have anything to tie him up with? We do need to bring the others here. We should get moving."

Turning towards Simon and Jimmy. "You two heard Lt. Ramsay. You heard those horrible noises. I was hoping for help...not more people TO help. We are not match for what they are dealing with. We need to take care of ourselves and the people here first."

Putting the radio up to her mouth she draws a deep breath in and blinks back some tears, "Lt. Ramsay, I do not have the manpower or the weapons and ammunition to get to you. I'm ...very...sorry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 am

"I...understand. Good luck, Officer Taylor." The gunfire continues in the background, and then suddenly cuts off. A few moments go by, and then the screaming reaches a crescendo as Lieutenant Ramsay continues. "We're down to 3 remaining clips. It's doubtful you could have done us any good, Officer Taylor."

---

Grace pales at the prospect of tying the boy down, "I don't like it, but it's a better option than him...rising...while I'm working." She hugs her arms to her chest, and waits for young boy to be bound.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]


Last edited by Game Master on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am

The sound of gunfire over the radio made George want to scream.

"Keep it together, keep it together..." George repeated the mantra silently in his mind and tried to focus on securing the hotel. "Think, think, think."

"First things first. Karl, could you please unlock the garbage chute?" he asked the man at his side. Then turning back to the group, "Jimmy, after he's done that will you help me get rid of the others?

"Simon, while we do that. See if you and Karl can find some sheets to tied up the boys arms and legs. Tie them to the bed legs. Like in the Exorcist. Then maybe you can find some use for the stuff in the supply closet."

"Officer, since you have the only gun. Would you mind keeping an eye on the boy while we get moving?" George asked the police officer politely.

"After we get this stuff done we can start talking about getting everyone out of the lobby. But we should hurry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:10 am

Oh my God! It's just getting worse. Kelly's face goes pale. She reaches up and switches off her radio while tears well up in her eyes. Ok...better to save battery power in case at some point someone is trying to....rescue us.

At George's request she looks up at him and wipes her eyes. "Of course...I will keep an eye on things here. You go ahead and...take care of the...things."

As Kelly keeps an eye on the boy, she switches on the TV, just to see if anything is on the news and if so what is being said. Is anyone even TRYING to get to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Grabbing some sheets from some of the beds, Simon begins to wind them into a makeshift rope. Tying them to the legs of the bed, he effectively straps down the boy before turning back to Karl.

"Karl, can you direct me to one of those Maid stations that you described earlier?", he says, then fishes the two lighters out of his pocket. "I think I now might be able to put these to good use."

"If it's not on this floor, would someone mind going with me? I would rather not have to face a few more of these things alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 pm

I hate this. I feel useless. Maybe I can find the strength to get up and help the others.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:07 pm

"Poor kid, he's going to wake up confused, scared and tied up" ....if he does wake up.

"It's....it's alright Officer Kelly, I....I'm sorry, it doesn't sound good for your fellow officers"....or us now. Shit.

"Simon, I'll go with you, we should always go in pairs or teams..." ....always good to have someone around to watch you being eaten by fucking monsters....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Spoiler:
 

Jimmy and Simon move off with Karl, back down to the first floor, stopping only to unlock the door to the garbage chute so that the group can begin disposing of the bodies. Karl is obviously a little shaken up by incoming radio transmission that everyone overheard, and he frequently closes his eyes, as if to shake off the horror, or keep himself from envisioning the grisly scene surely playing out only a handful of blocks away at the state capital building.

Once to the lower lobby, Karl leads Jimmy and Simon behind the registration counter into an office with two other doors. Pulling out a yellow keycard, Karl unlocks the door on the right, and pushes it open. "Here's where we keep the cleaning supplies. Like I said, I don't know much about the cleaners, but I know aerosol propellants when I see them." With a wry grin and a sweep of his arm, Karl winks and says, "Make yourself at home, boys."

The storage space is roughtly 10'x6', lined on each side with shelving from floor to ceiling. One rack holds the aerosol cleanser Karl spoke of, while others hold bleaches, and other assorted chemical cleansers.

---

Tying the boy down to the bed, which being a post-less bed, proved to be quite an ordeal. Your group finally settled on tying the teens' arms and legs directly to the bed frame. Restrained face-down, it looks relatively safe for Grace to begin her work. Pulling a sewing kit out her purse, she sterilizes a thin needle with one of Simon's found lighters for a few moments after feeding black thread through it's eye.

Grace starts the process of stitching up the young man's scalp carefully, unsure of herself at first. She works for several minutes before pausing. "Something's wrong. There should be more blood. He' still alive...but there isn't nearly enough blood..." She scratches her head quizzically. "I'm not even drawing blood with my stitching..."

...

"His breathing has stopped... HE'S MOVING!" With a crash, Grace falls off the bed backwards as the teen's body starts heaving and straining against it's bonds, it's head snapping backwards, teeth gnashing.

Grace backs herself into one of the rooms corners and lets out a terrified scream.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Hearing Grace's terrified scream; George was glad he hadn't begun moving the other corpses...

"Should have killed him."

The cold thought was all that George could hear as he raced to the bedroom with his axe.


Last edited by George Carpenter on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Hearing the scream gets Henry moving. He looks for his ax while shaking the cobwebs from his head. Once found, he brandishes it, and takes off down the hall to the room where the scream came from.

The scene is pretty clear. Another fucking zombie....

This will never end... They'll just keep coming until we're all dead, and then we'll turn into zombies, and UGGHHH!

We need to take it's head. Who wants to do it?

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   

Back to top Go down
 
January 13th, 2009 [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 101128 SM Entertainment Boycotts The 2009 MAMA
» This RP Invitation is Closed. Thank You.
» The Bet (Closed)
» Sundown [Closed]
» Talk to me (Gwevan closed)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: In-Character Game Threads-
Jump to: