A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 January 13th, 2009 [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Seeing him turn, Kelly rushes to the door. "GEORGE...JIMMY...GET BACK HERE!!! Grace...go lock yourself in the room Henry was in. Take Karl with you." Kelly pulls out her gun and lines up to take a shot. Standing as close as she dares she points the gun at his head.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:27 pm

"Oh fuck!" Damn, damn.....why couldn't he have lived? Shit what about Henry...what if he's next.....

Jimmy pulls the axe from out of the back of his hoodie and races to the boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Firing into the back of the zombie's head, at close range, Officer Taylor ends its short unlife in a quick, decisive, and decidedly grisly moment, just as Henry rushes into the room, axe in hand.

The thing that used to be the teen stops moving, pieces of it's brain splattered with some blood on the eggshell white wall above the bed and the headboard. Grace screams again, even as the deed is done, shrieking in a high pitched wail which quickly subsides to a low sob. Suddenly, a report catches your attention on the television.

"...tional Guard, stationed in nearby Camp Hill, PA, currently has Harrisburg under military quarantine. We have with us now, live via satellite, Colonel Davis Duncan, with the 28th Infantry Division of the Pennsylvania National Guard. Good evening, Colonel."

"Good evening, Ms. Jones."

"What exactly is the situation there in Harrisburg, Colonel Duncan?"

"It is believed that a number of individuals have become infected by an unknown airborn agent, making them extremely hostile, attacking and killing other members of the populace."

"A 'number of individuals?' What is that number, Colonel?"

"It is still too early to give an accurate estimate of the infected population. We don't have enough feet on the ground able to give reliable accounts."

"So, what is your division doing currently, Colonel?"

"As you said, we have the city on military quarantine. No one is allowed into, or out of Harrisburg, but I have to caution, reports are coming in from all over the region of infected attacks, so this is by no means an isolated outbreak."

"No one is allowed in, or out of the city, Colonel?"

"No ma'am."

"What if someone tries to flee?"

"They will be shot. We are trying to contain an outbreak, and discover both it's cause, and it's true nature at the same time. The densest population in the region is here in Harrisburg, and we intend to keep it that way."

"But...you could be shooting innocent civilians! Isn't that true, Colonel?"

"Very much so. But truth be told ma'am? I've seen these infected in action and they're damn scary. I don't intend on letting anyone who might be carrying this agent out of my jurisdiction."

"I...I...

...Thank you, Colonel. Best...best of luck to you and your men..."

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:55 pm

George turns the corner in tie to see Office Taylor fire a round into the monster's head.

"One less bullet..."

George tried to ignore the thought and remain rational.

He sees Grace sobbing and his alien thoughts of murder and dismemberment slip back under the surface.

George moves next to Grace and places a compassionate hand on her shoulder as the newcast plays.

When the military personnel on tv give way once again to the talking heads on the national news, George speaks again.

"I think it's time we go downstairs and talk to the others."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:00 pm

"Son of a bitch!"

Henry looks around the room dumbfounded.

No one is coming to help us. Damnit! It's up to us to figure this out.

"I agree with George. We need to figure out a plan of action, and we need to figure it out now. We're on our own."

Turning to Officer Taylor...

"I think we should call attention to our plight. Maybe we can take some time, and call one of these news crews. Maybe there is someone that can help us if they understand what the situation really is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:13 pm

"I'd like to move everyone up to at least this floor right now. We can call all the elevators to this floor and hold the doors open. We can try to lock the stairwell doors, or just block off the stairwells themselves with furniture from the rooms."

George tries to sound calm as he continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm

"That sounds like a great idea. We can contact the outside world later, I guess fortifying this building is the first thing to do"

I feel like I'm going to vomit... I can't help but think that we are never going to be able to survive in this building without food, and water... We're going to starve to death.

Henry looking a little nauseated, walks outside into the hallway, and turns around to face everyone in the room.

"Time's awaisting. We need to make sure that all of the rooms on this floor are empty, and clean this one up a bit before we can move the people from the lobby. What can I do to help?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 pm

"I'm pretty sure that if anything else was on this floor, it would have heard us already. It's upstairs I'm worried about." George looked to the ceiling without thinking.

"We can always see what we can see from the roof. Karl has a key for it. Who knows maybe they'll drop supplies to us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Simon looks at the room in obvious glee, "Great! We are bound to find at last some stuff in here to help us. And at least we can use these as mini-flame throwers. Grab as many as you can. "

Pausing to put down his axe, he continues to search around the room looking for anything else that can be used as a homemade bomb or weapon.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 am

"I think the roof is a good idea, and I agree with bringing people up to this floor, we can defend it pretty easily. "

Jimmy stops talking and looks around.....shit, what to do first.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm

There are a number of different cleansers in the storage closet, but thanks to modern science the vast majority of them scream "NON-FLAMMABLE" in various permutations. The only makeshift weapons you can find are the aerosol canisters Karl pointed out, and a few plastic bottles of ALCALEX, an alcohol-based solvent that looks like it might burn.

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Kelly nods in agreement. "If you guys want to continue preparing things up here I'll go with one other person to inform the others of the plan. I am assuming we want everyone on one floor. I also think we need to have a least 2 people in every room...you know a buddy system kind of thing. Any groups that are together can opt to have more in a room if they want. Everyone could use some rest I am sure and maybe having room to call "home" will help."

Kelly looks at the folks that not that long ago were strangers to her. It's funny how a situation like this makes you feel comfortable around complete strangers. "It's going to be important for us to get sleep as well...and we can set up a watch schedule. I think 5 of us should be in two rooms...one with a couch maybe and stay centrally located. We should probably make the two rooms across the hall a meeting area and maybe a food and first aid area. I know I am the only woman in this group, but I really would feel better being with you guys."

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 pm

"Yeah," George nodded in agreement. "I think it's important to let people downstairs know what we're doing up here. Plus maybe some don't want to barricade themselves up here, we'll have to let them choose."

George looked at the gore slowly drying upon his hands.

"I'm going to finish removing the... things in the hallway." George quietly motioned to the bed. "I'll take him out first."

"Maybe we should take everyone down to the second floor for now. It seemed empty when we ran through earlier. I wasn't exactly being quiet. It'll spare everyone for seeing what happened up here."


Last edited by George Carpenter on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Kelly nods, "You're right George. The second floor might be the better option. When we head down we can do a sweep through that floor. You're right...some people might not want to barricade themselves up here, but I think it needs to be clear that those that don't will be on their own."

I''d rather they NOT stay on their own...we may only end up killing them later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:11 pm

"I'm with you guys. I think it's pretty imperitive that we make sure we keep our way to the outside clear though as well. We are going to need to venture out at some point for food."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 pm

"I was thinking about that.

I really think the walkway over to the mall may be our best avenue of escape if we have to get out for supplies. By calling the elevators up to us, we'll still have a way to get back to the lobby if we block up the stairwell."


Then as if thinking aloud, George muttered. "If the power goes out though... I wonder if we can see the top of the walkway from the second floor?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:42 pm

Collecting all of the aerosol canisters and the bottles of ALCALEX, Simon makes his way to the room on the third floor again.

He enters the room with his treasures and looks about, "What did I miss?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:49 pm

"Alright, I'm going to sweep the second floor before we do anything, I'd hate to tell people it's safe and then feed them to the zombies."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:07 pm

After Jimmy speaks, George fills Simon in on the groups plans.

"You guys should get going then. I'll be along shortly."

"I hope these guys will fit down the garbage chute, if not..."


George looked to the fire axe griped in his hand and shuddered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:07 am

After disposing of the bodies down the garbage chute (with a little bit of grisly chopping and shortening of limbs and torsos), and sweeping through the second floor to verify it's relative security, your rag-tag group assembles before the rest of the survivors who have taken up residence here in the hotel.

There is an air of nervous tension pulsing through the group. Karl, Grace, and two girls who alerted you to the situation inside the hotel only about an hour ago stand in the back of the room, arms folded around themselves protectively. Karl looks down at his feet, fear plain on his face. Grace trembles slightly, the memory of the teenage boys turning directly in front of her still coursing through her mind.

The rest of the survivors sit quietly, waiting to hear what you have to say to them.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Kelly looks around at the group clears her throat and says, "Okay, we have a plan. We are on our own for now and need to do what we can to protect ourselves. We are all going to move up to the second floor and get into some rooms there. We're all going to stay in the same hallway. Everyone should be in a room with at least one other person, if not more. But we need somewhere where everyone can try to get comfortable and sleep. We are going to barricade ourselves in on that floor. Then Jimmy, George, Henry, Simon and I will worry about getting us food and water. We have some things to get started with. We don't have a lot of time and need to move quickly. You all need to make up your mind right now, you are either going along with this plan or...you on your own. Just remember, we have discussed this, we've seen what we are up against and this is what we came up with. Whoever is coming, gather whatever you might have here and line up. We'll escort you up there and get you all into rooms."

Kelly turns to Simon, George, Henry and Jimmy, "Simon, George and Henry, why don't you go and start bringing the food down and the water. Find paper or something in one of the rooms, reserve 2 rooms for the 5 of us right across the hall from each other and one room for food and water, so we can ration it. Jimmy, you stay with me to get everyone organized. We'll give everyone 5 minutes or so and then move. I know none of us signed on for this, but to these people we are the leaders. George, how long do you think it will take to get us barricaded in up there?...you know in case anyone has a change of heart about coming along."

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 pm

At the question from the police officer, George thought for a moment and spoke to the gathered survivors.

"I'm not exactly sure how long it will take to really get things locked down.

Each stairwell that leads up to the second floor has a fire door on each floor. The doors open into the stairwell, which works in our favor, it means we can just fill the bottom of each stairwell with furniture from the rooms or here from the lobby. That way the doors can't swing open.

The other easy part is calling all the elevators to the second floor. Then we can just shove a chair or something into the doors so they can't shut. The elevators won't work if the doors can't shut."


George sighed softly and looked back over his shoulder motioning to the lobby.

"The hardest part is going to be the staircase in the lobby. The staircase is open to the second, which is a problem. My first reaction would be to destroy the stairs."

The words coming out without much forethought, George was a man with the habit of thinking aloud to himself.

"They're probably marble or stone of some sort so... that's most likely out of the question. Although there is a landing, so we may be able to barricade the landing just by loading the landing with stuff from the lobby. That's probably going to be the most difficult part.

Well, that's what I had in mind. I'm open to suggestions though.

Worst case, once we male sure the upper floors are safe too then we can move to a higher floor and block off the easier upper stairwells too.

We're also going to try and get up to the roof. Maybe we can get in contact with any helicopters that are flying around? Maybe they will be dropping supplies? Heck, maybe we can just see other people in nearby buildings?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 pm

"Do you really think there's anyone else out there? No one's showed up here begging for entrance in over 24 hours...I think we're probably pretty alone," calls a voice from near the back of the room. A middle-aged African-American man, with just a hint of gray at his dark temples, stands. He appears to be in excellent shape for his age, and he speaks with a firm, authoritative tone.

"I'm not crazy about going up on the roof to show ourselves to those...things, either. And barricading ourselves hardly seems like a proactive solution, in my opinion. I think we need to accept that we're on our own, and find a way to escape this damned city."

A murmur of agreement passes though the crowd as the man finishes his short speech, but it's obvious that just as many people disagree with his sentiment as there are those who buy into it.

Another man, younger, stands up next to the first speaker. "Yeah, you see...me, Dan here, and the rest of us...we've been talking while you were all upstairs. We want to get outta here. Like, out of Harrisburg. And we're talking about leaving first thing in the morning."

A number of heads bob up and down at this.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 pm

George listened patiently until the speakers were through.

"Listen... I really don't want to blockade myself into this place anymore than anyone else here does but things are bad outside. The fact that no one else is coming to the doors for shelter is exactly why I don't want to go out there. The fact is that there is no 'leaving the city'. The news is broadcasting that the city is now under a Quarantine."

Tying to keep his voice calm George continued. "They've made it quite clear that anyone trying to leave the city is going to be shot. The military just can't risk anyone that may be sick getting out and spreading this any further.

The good news is, that means that their are military personnel just outside the city and I think that means there's a good chance that they'll be making supply drops in the mean time if they know where people are."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   

Back to top Go down
 
January 13th, 2009 [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 101128 SM Entertainment Boycotts The 2009 MAMA
» This RP Invitation is Closed. Thank You.
» The Bet (Closed)
» Sundown [Closed]
» Talk to me (Gwevan closed)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: In-Character Game Threads-
Jump to: