A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 January 13th, 2009 [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm coming too, lets creep upon the creep.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Spoiler:
 

Peering around the corner of the hotel hallway, you can see the ghoul as it feasts on the remains of a young teen boy. The zombie looks relatively human yet, save for the shredded flesh around the ruined stumps that constitute the creature's right forearm and wrist. Pieces of wood, presumably from the zombie's hotel room door still stick out from the ripped flesh.

With it's other hand, the zombie is holding the boy's body in place as the monster chews away at the neck of it's victim. Beyond the scene of carnage, you see another teenage boy slumped against the wall, seemingly unharmed.

With a rip and a tear, the zombie pulls a long, red, sinuous strand of flesh from the first boy's neck. As it swallows, the zombie's neck goes taught, and it turns it's head with a snap - looking down the hallway towards your group. The lights took that moment to fortuitously flicker off for a few seconds, so you don't think anyone in your group was seen.

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 am

Oh God. It's seen us!

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:28 am

Holy shit! STAY CALM KELLY. THEY ARE ALL FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD!

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:12 am

Spoiler:
 

This is it, true evil. A fucking monster, the real thing. Please don't vomit....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:37 am

Spoiler:
 

The lights continue to flicker on and off periodically, and in the odd silence of the dying city you hear subtle hum of the ice and vending machines behind you click on-and-off in time.

The zombie continues gazing down the hallway towards your group, but makes no advance towards you. Eventually, it returns to devouring it's prey.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:48 am

George looked past the zombie to the other boy slumped against the wall.

As the group ducked back when the lights flickered and the zombie looked towards them.

"The boy on the floor... the one against the wall. He's breathing. He's alive..."
George whispered quietly to the rest of his group.

"But when that thing is finished, he'll be next on the menu..."

Continuing in his hushed tone, George spoke. "I'm going to run downstairs and run across to the other stairwell. I can get closer to him, and maybe we can surround that... thing."

The man in the leather jacket, lifted his axe and got ready to move. "Someone else should come with me..." To a listener it was hard to determine whether his last sentence was a statement or a plea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:58 am

In a whisper Alright...somebody should go with George. Kelly looks at the group...Jimmy, you go. We'll give you about a 30 second head start and then I am going to move in and try to take a shot. Let me shoot first. Once I do if that things starts towards us, George you can try to lock the boy into a room or get him into the stairwell, until we're sure he is not...infected. We need to move, now!
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Simon nods and prepares to defend Kelly if the creature rushes her and her shots don't have any effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Henry taps Simon on the shoulder, and whispers...

Do you want me to move up with Officer Taylor? You can hang back a bit, in case the thing charges us before she can kill it.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 pm

He swallows, but whispers, "I need to do this. I'll flank right to keep out of her line of fire, but stay back a bit to hit it if it rushes her. If you flank a bit left we might be able to catch it in a classic pincer. Your call though, Kelly. You ok with that?"
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm

That sounds fine. Between that and the other guys coming in from the other I think that should be great. But we better move before he finds us first. Dear God, let this work. The problem is this is the easy part. Kelly also reaches up and double checks that her radio is in the off position. She was pretty sure she turned it off before to keep everyone calmer downstairs...and preserve her battery power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Classic what the hell did you call it. Who is this guy anyway... One minute he's too scared to be of any help, and the next he's freakin' Napolean.

Nodding at Simon I take up the opposite position to Simon on the left side of the hallway as quietly as I can manage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 am

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:34 am

George grew impatient waiting for Jimmy to argee.

"Screw it!" He thought and rushed back down the stairwell.

Opening the door to the second floor, the thin man saw the hallway stretched out before him.

"This is soooo stupid..."

In an all out run, George flew past the closed room doors. Like a young child he was afraid to look back over his shoulder, sure that if he did he would see one of those creatures chasing him.

"25, 24, 23, 22..."
He counted off the seconds in his head as he raced down the hall.

He made it to the northern stairwell and bounded back up to the second floor.

"Now or never..." He thought to himself as he softly pushed open the stariwell door and crept down the hall to look for the boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:01 am

The boy still lay slumped against the wall as George peered down the hall. Judging the distance from his hiding spot, he looked to the hotel room door directly behind himself.

Taking a soft step back, George removed the red key card from his pocket and tried to unlock the room door without making a sound.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:20 am

30, 29, 28, 27... Kelly counts to herself as George takes off. At 5 she looks at Henry and Simon and whispers, "Ready? Let's go!" Kelly begins inching down the hallway moving silently with her gun drawn and aimed at the zombie's head. "If he moves you two get the hell out of the way" She whispers to Simon and George. The last thing I need to do is get trigger happy or take a bad shot and shoot one of them.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simon Leeds

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 40
Real Name : Mark R.
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:48 am

Nodding at the officer and gripping the axe tightly, Simon takes up a position to the right of her ready to swing and hopefully connect if it gets to that.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Jimmy wakes from being frozen with fear and chases after George. Jimmy is sticking to George like glue.

Jesus, George, what were you thinking going off on your own. Shit, it's my fault, I froze. That kid might die and I'm a damn coward.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 pm

As George works at the door lock, he sees Jimmy come up the stairwell behind him.

Silently, the man motions to the new arrival and then down the hall. George mouths the words.

"Grab the boy and run back here."

"God, I hope he understands..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortimer James McKay



Number of posts : 45
Real Name : John
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:30 am

Okay, when she shoots, I'll run in and get him. I'm dead. Zombie food, then zombie shit. Do zombies shit.....never mind have to get ready. God is with those who persevere....lets hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry Masterson

avatar

Number of posts : 48
Age : 39
Location : Birdsboro, PA
Real Name : Mark Baughman
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Showtime... This is crazy... We need to save that boy... Let's hope Jimmy, and George can pull their part off.

Taking his cue from Simon he takes up position on the other side of the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 38
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Combat [Round 1]   Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Spoiler:
 

Struggling with the keycard given him by Karl, George's hand shakes as he slips the card into the door's electronic lock mechanism as quietly as possible. With a barely audible click the tiny LED light on the door switches from red to green, and the lock releases. As George pushes the door open and jams his leg into the open frame, Officer Taylor's first shot rings out, CRACK, as the recoil drives her arm up only fractions of a centimeter, just as her training had taught her.

True to their words, Henry and Simon hold their ground - waiting for a signal or word from Officer Taylor, or motion from the undead creature in front of them before moving forwards. Holding their axes at the ready, they watch the results of Kelly's shot.

Jimmy bolts forward when he hears the crack of the gunshot, running as fast as he can to grab the unconscious boy under the arms and drag him into the room George has unlocked.

Despite Kelly's careful aim, her first shot goes wide, her innate fear of the creature causing her hand to shake just enough to throw off her shot. The bullet screams down the hallway and blasts through the wall, only inches from George's arm, and more importantly, Jimmy's head as he began his sprint down the hall. No one can be counted a casualty, and you've certainly gotten the zombie's attention.

With a methodical slowness, the zombie rises to it's feet, caught unawares by your coordinated assault. Reacting by instinct, the creature swings it's head towards Jimmy and reaches out for him.

Spoiler:
 

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]


Last edited by Game Master on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Initiative Order to top spoiler content)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
George Carpenter

avatar

Number of posts : 72
Age : 37
Location : Pottstown, PA
Real Name : Bryan
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:06 pm

George watched the creature rise from it feast and head towards Jimmy and the boy.

"Jimmy! It's coming. Hurry!"

As he called out to them, he slipped into the now open hotel room and moved behind the door but kept his head visble in order to survey the unfolding scene. George sat his axe behind him, laying it against the wall. He kept one hand on the door knob and another on the security catch, ready to slam and bolt the door behind the two as they entered.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelly Taylor

avatar

Number of posts : 66
Real Name : Nikki
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:20 pm

"Shit!" Kelly looks a Simon and Henry, no longer worried about being quiet and in fact trying to get the zombie to focus on her rather than Jimmy. "Simon, Henry...Stay where you are! Jimmy if you need to, leave him and get in the room!" Kelly begins to move forward hoping to get a better shot. Holy hell. I almost killed Jimmy and injured George. I guess we should have coordinated that a little better. What the fuck was I thinking!? Calm down Kelly...you need to go after that THING again!

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: January 13th, 2009 [Closed]   

Back to top Go down
 
January 13th, 2009 [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 101128 SM Entertainment Boycotts The 2009 MAMA
» This RP Invitation is Closed. Thank You.
» The Bet (Closed)
» Sundown [Closed]
» Talk to me (Gwevan closed)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: In-Character Game Threads-
Jump to: