A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Demo In-Character Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Demo In-Character Thread   Wed May 21, 2008 10:44 pm

This is going to be a sample in-character thread, just to demonstrate how I hope to see the game flow.

Game Master Post
The sky was dark, and rain continued to fall for the third day in a row. The warehouse basement you've been hiding in has proved to be a safehaven for now, and you haven't seen a single sign of the zombies you've been hiding from since the rain started.

After sharing a quick meal of cereal and fruit you've scavenged from the shops and storefronts still left unlooted, your small group sets watch and begins the process of bedding down for the night.

Just then, you hear an ominous scratching at the door, and your worst fears are confirmed as the door to the basement crashes open - the ghouls have found your hiding place.

There are three of them, though you know where there's one there will be more soon.

Roll initiative in the roll topic, and then report back here with your actions.

Hit up the dice roller, roll initiative, and any of you who are entering combat- send me 5 attack and damage rolls.



Red Block: Zombie
Stars: PCs
Each square is equal to 5 feet.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]


Last edited by Game Master on Mon May 26, 2008 10:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Because the board's dice roller sucks.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Mon May 26, 2008 9:23 pm

[I'll go ahead and assume the Game Master has been emailed with each player's initiative rolls. Player 1 won initiative with a 17, Player 3 is next with a 12, and Player 2 will go last with a 5.

Player 1 is going to enter combat, and has also sent me 5 initiative and damage rolls. If more are needed, they'll be sent later. Player 3 is going to try to gather up their belongings, and Player 2 is running for the back exit of the room.

For movement, specify the space you want to move to (Player 3 to C9 for example), and I'll update the map and display a new image for the next round.]

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Wed May 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Player 1's Post:
"Get to the back exit!" Player 1 shouts as she leaps to her feet and pulls her trusty golf club with her. "Run! I'll hold them off!

"Just a few swings to buy us some time, and then I run," she thinks to herself. "Just a few..."

Quote :
OOC:
Player 1 is going to cautiously approach the nearest zombie, moving 25 feet in round 1 to F5, and then the remaining distance to the nearest zombie to attack in round 2.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Thu May 29, 2008 10:48 am

Player 3's Post:
"Not again, not again, not again, not again..." Player 3 thought to himself as he hastily reached down, picking up his belongings. "Every time we find a place, they find us. Why, why, why?"

Grabbing up the last of his and his friends things, Player 3 looks around, trying to find the back exit to the warehouse basement through the dark gloom and his cracked glasses.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Thu May 29, 2008 10:51 am

Player 2's Post:
"Jesus Christ!"

The sudden appearance of the zombies scared Player 2 right out of his shoes. It never failed - it'd been nearly two weeks now, but the sight of the rotting corpses, walking around, always terrified the small man.

Screw this! I'm outta here!" Player 2 turned and fled, running as fast as he could for the nearest clear exit.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Round 2   Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 am

Game Master's Post
As Player 1 makes her cautious approach, she draws the attention of the 3 zombies to her, just as she had hoped, buying her companions time to make an escape. Seizing the opportunity, Player 2 reaches the back door, looking back at Player 1 and Player 3 before throwing the door open to run. Player 3 scoops up everything she can of the small group's belongings and locates Player 2, just before he slips out the door.

The zombies all turn their vacant, dead eyes upon Player 1 and emit that haunting, empty moan that you've all come to dread so severely.

"Ggggguuuuuuuunnnnhhhh...," they utter, seemingly in unison, reaching out for Player 1 with their gnarled, clawed fingers.


Red Block: Zombie
Stars: PCs
Each square is equal to 5 feet.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Fri May 30, 2008 10:23 am

Player 1's Post:
Quote :
Player 1 is going to carry on moving into combat range to attack with the nearest zombie, hoping to buy time for her companions to escape.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Fri May 30, 2008 10:55 am

Player 3's Post
"Wh...what are you doing, Player 1?" shouts Player 3 as he backs his way towards the rear door. "Come on...lets get out of here!"

Quote :
Player 3 will back towards the rear door, not willing to take an eye off the zombies or Player 1.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Fri May 30, 2008 10:58 am

Player 2's Post
"I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting the hell out of here!"

Player 2 wastes no time in throwing open the rear door and running like hell. "Feel free to get eaten, or turned into one of those things, chief! I'm bookin' it!

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Game Master
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 102
Age : 37
Real Name : Josh
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 am

Player 1 steps into close range combat with the closest of the zombies, bringing her trusty golf club to bear against the ghoul. A solid, wide swing connects with the creature's neck, making a sickening crunch and giving the zombie a permanently tilted head, but the blow does not slow the thing any more than it already is. The other two zombies don't seem to notice the attack, or even care as they continue to reach out for Player 1. The nearest zombie, hardly fazed by the club to it's neck, and now barely supported skull, tries to wrap it's rotting arms around Player 1, but is too slow. Player 1 quickly dodges and side-steps the awkward lunge.


Red Block: Zombie
Stars: PCs
Each square is equal to 5 feet.

_________________
"All you zombies show your faces... (I know you're out there)"

[ dice roller ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbpgames.forumsrpg.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Demo In-Character Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Demo In-Character Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Planet Sunshine Character Thread
» The Character Thread.
» HRP Reboot - Character Thread
» MERP round 3 character thread
» Mass Effect Character Thread ver 2.0

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: Game Information & Rules-
Jump to: